I am currently a PhD student. My supervisors are Vincent Cossart (University of Versailles) and Mohab Safey El
Din (PolSys Team (formerly SALSA team), INRIA/LIP6/University of Paris 6). I work on solving the
global optimization problem for polynomials. To this end, I use several approaches, including both numerical methods and computer algebra.
EXAGON (EXact Algebraic Global OptimizatioN): Maple library for solving exact algebraic global optimization problem. Note
that the FGb package
Standard Release [tar.gz]
(library and documentation, requires FGb)
Some examples [.mpl]
Articles in conference proceedings
Communications in international conferences
- Deciding reachability of the infimum of a multivariate polynomial
Aurélien Greuet, Mohab Safey El Din.
International Symposium on Symbolic and Algebraic Computation 2011
San Jose, California. 06/11, 2011
- December 2010:
Mathematics Mechanization Research Center, Institute of Systems Science
Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China.
Supported by ANR/NSFC EXACTA Project.
Talks in workshops
- Polar Varieties and Global Optimisation Problem
Fields Institute Workshop on Hybrid Methodologies for Symbolic-Numeric Computation (Website)
Invited as young researcher
Waterloo, Canada, 11/19, 2011.
- Exact Polynomial Optimization: Algorithms, Complexity and Implementation
Asian Symposium on Computer Mathematics (Website)
Beijing, China, 10/27, 2012.
Talks in seminars
- Constrained optimization of polynomials using polar varieties and sums of squares
Seminar of the Academy of Mathematics and Systems Science (Chinese Academy of Sciences)
Beijing 12/23, 2010.
- Polar varieties and optimization
Team Algorithm Seminar
INRIA Paris/Rocquencourt 01/31 (France), 2011.
- Deciding the reachability of an infimum of a multivariate polynomial
Team SALSA Seminar
LIP6/UPMC/INRIA 02/11 (France), 2011.
- Solving optimisation problems using polar varieties
Seminar on Algebra and Geometry
University of Versailles (France) 04/05, 2011.
- Using Polar varieties for solving optimization problems
Seminar on Computer Algebra
University of Limoges (France) 10/13, 2011.
I am teaching assistant ("moniteur") at the University of Versailles.
- Fall 2010: Elementary Mathematics (Undergraduate);
- Fall 2011: Elementary Mathematics (Undergraduate);
- Fall 2011: Effective Algebra (M.Sc).
- Fall 2012: Computer Algebra and Numerical Algorithms (Undergraduate).
- Spring 2012: Groups and Geometry (Undergraduate).
I have contributed to MathC2+, a project of popularization of mathematics and computer science for highschool students. My course notes
A short resume.
Last update: Apr 11, 2013